Discover the power of trading with Pepperstone, a leading online forex and CFD broker. This detailed Pepperstone review of broker’s trading platforms and tools, including MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, cTrader, Edge Technology and Copy Trading feature. Learn about the research and education resources, regulation, safety measures and customer service offered by Pepperstone to help you make informed trading decisions.
Table of Contents
- Pepperstone Reviews
- Pepperstone Trading Platform:
- Pepperstone Mobile Trading
- Pros & Cons of Pepperstone:
- Customer Service
- Pepperston’s Financial Instruments Portfolio:
- Why Trade with Pepperstone?
- Pepperstone Commission Structure
- Pepperstone Trading Conditions:
- Educational Resources
- Pepperstone Account Opening Process:
- Review of Pepperstone Account Types:
Pepperstone is a leading online forex and CFD broker that offers a wide range of trading platforms and tools to help traders of all experience levels succeed. Their platform offers MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, cTrader, Edge Technology, and Copy Trading feature. In this Pepperstone review, we will take a closer look at the various features, user-friendliness, and overall performance of the platforms and tools offered by Pepperstone, as well as the research and education resources they provide to help traders improve their skills and knowledge. Lastly, we will also look into Pepperston reviews from regulation, safety measures and customer service.
Pepperstone was founded in 2010 by a pepperstone team of experienced traders who shared a commitment to improving the world of online trading. Since then the broker has grown rapidly and is now one of the largest MetaTrader and cTrader brokers in the world. Today Pepperstone is a multi-regulated firm with offices in London, Cyprus, Düsseldorf, Melbourne, Dubai and Kenya.
Pepperstone is an award-winning FX and CFDs broker chosen by 300,000* traders globally. Trade 1000+ instruments including commodities, cryptocurrencies**, shares, ETFs and more.
|Range of Markets||4/5|
Pepperstone Trading Platform:
Pepperstone is a leading online forex trading and CFD trading platform that offers a wide range of powerful trading tools and platforms to help traders of all experience levels succeed. In this detailed review, we will take a closer look at the various trading platforms and tools offered by Pepperstone, including their features, user-friendliness, and overall performance.
With Pepperstone you can choose to trade on the most popular MT4, most powerful MT5 and most user friendly cTrader. These platforms are available on Windows and Mac OS for desktop, iOS and Android for mobile and tablets, and on our web app, WebTrader.
Pepperstone offers a wide range of Smart Trader Tools. They’re easy to use, install and access, and are exclusive to MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 (minimum £100 account balance required).
You can explore the full range of tools available including:
- Mini Terminal and Smart Lines: manage your risk like a professional with our most popular risk management tool.
- Trade Terminal with enhanced functionality: control all your trades from a single and powerful terminal.
- Correlation Matrix: master the ability to trade non-correlated currency pairs.
MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 Trading Platforms
One of the most popular trading platforms offered by Pepperstone is the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform. These platforms are widely used by traders around the world for their advanced charting tools, technical indicators, and automated trading capabilities. Both the MT4 and MT5 platforms are available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, and offer fast and reliable execution speeds.
Another platform offered by Pepperstone is cTrader, which is a powerful trading platform that offers advanced charting tools, technical indicators, and automated trading capabilities. The platform also provides a wide range of customization options and is known for its user-friendly interface. The cTrader platform is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
Pepperstone’s Edge Technology is a unique feature that allows traders to access ultra-fast execution speeds and low latency trading. This technology is available on all the platforms and it allows traders to take advantage of the market opportunities, especially in high volatility conditions.
Pepperstone also offers a copy trading feature that allows traders to copy the trades of experienced traders. This feature is available on the MT4 and MT5 platforms and allows traders to gain access to the strategies and techniques used by successful traders.
Pepperstone Mobile Trading
Pepperstore mobile trading is an excellent platform that provides users with a wide range of features and tools to help them trade on the go. The trading platform is well designed, with a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy to access the features and tools. The platform also provides users with real-time market data, which is essential for making informed decisions.
The trade execution is fast and efficient, with a wide range of order types available such as market, limit, and stop orders. Pepperstore also offers a range of tools such as charting, indicators, and analysis tools to help users make the most of their trades. Additionally, the platform makes use of advanced security measures to protect the users’ personal data and funds.
The mobile app is also very user-friendly and provides a great experience for traders. The app is easy to navigate and provides quick access to the features and tools. Additionally, the app is well optimized for trading on the go and has a great performance.
Here is the table of review and ratings for Pepperstone’s mobile trading:
|Ease of Use||4/5|
|IoS Trading Platforms||4/5|
|Android Trading Platform||4/5|
Apart from that, the online trading platforms that Pepperstone offers are MT4, MT5, and their CTrader software (developed by Spotware) which is one of the best forex brokers for beginners. The tools and charting that you’ll find in MT4 platform is comprehensive and easy to customise.
Overall, Pepperstore mobile trading is a great platform for traders to use on the go. It is well designed, provides users with a wide range of features and tools, and has great performance. The platform also makes use of advanced security measures to protect its traders and assets.
Pros & Cons of Pepperstone:
It’s important to note that while Pepperstone has many advantages, it also has some limitations, such as the limitation on the Demo account, and the restriction of US traders. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons to decide if Pepperstone is the right broker for you.
|Spreads from 0.0 pips*||Demo account is not unlimited|
|Top tier liquidity||US traders are not permitted to open an account|
|Fill rate of up to 99.9%1|
|No dealing desk intervention|
|#1 for overall customer satisfaction2|
|Regulated in 7 jurisdictions|
- Spreads may vary depending on the instrument and market conditions.
- Fill rate of up to 99.9% may vary depending on the instrument and market conditions.
- Data is Based on customer reviews and ratings.
Regulated in seven jurisdictions, Pepperstone delivers top-quality pricing, products, speed and service to traders all over the world. Pepperstone is well regulated by seven top financial authorities:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia.
- The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) in UAE
- The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BAFIN) in Germany
- The Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission (CySEC) in Cyprus
- The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) in Kenya
- The Securities Commission of The Bahamas (SCB) in Bahamas
Pepperstone has achieved worldwide trust because of their award-winning customer support. The broker takes pride in its exceptional client service, offering multilingual support 24hr 5 days a week and 18hr on weekends across email, live chat and phone.
Pepperston’s Financial Instruments Portfolio:
Pepperstone’s portfolio reviews of trading instruments is mainly around Forex, Indices, Commodity CFDs, Share CFDs, Cryptocurrencies and Currency Indices. In general, Pepperstone offers a wide range of financial instruments for trading, including:
- Forex: Pepperstone offers more than 70 currency pairs for trading, including major, minor and exotic currency pairs.
- Indices: Pepperstone offers CFDs on a variety of global indices, including the S&P 500, DAX 30, and FTSE 100.
- Commodities: Pepperstone offers CFDs on a variety of commodities, including gold, silver, oil, and natural gas.
- Cryptocurrencies: Pepperstone offers trading in a variety of popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- Shares: Pepperstone offers CFDs on a wide range of global shares, including those listed on major stock exchanges such as the NYSE, NASDAQ, and ASX.
- Metals: Pepperstone offers trading in gold, silver, platinum and other metals.
- Bonds: Pepperstone offers trading in bonds, which provide a fixed income.
- ETFs: Pepperstone offers trading in exchange-traded funds, which are a type of investment fund that tracks a basket of assets such as stocks, commodities, or bonds.
Overall, Pepperstone’s financial instruments portfolio is quite diverse and provides a range of options for traders to choose from, including traditional financial instruments as well as more recent offerings such as cryptocurrencies.
The following table provides an overview of the currency pairs you can trade with Pepperstone:
|Currency Pair||Razor Minimum Spread||Razor Average Spread|
|EUR/USD||0.0 pips||0.1 pips|
|GBP/USD||0.3 pips||0.5 pips|
|USD/JPY||0.2 pips||0.4 pips|
|AUD/USD||0.0 pips||0.2 pips|
|USD/CAD||0.2 pips||0.4 pips|
|NZD/USD||0.3 pips||0.5 pips|
|EUR/GBP||0.1 pips||0.3 pips|
During liquid times, the spreads that Pepperstone charges might go as low as 0 pips on the major trading currencies such as EURUSD.
Why Trade with Pepperstone?
Pepperstone offers a variety of helpful educational materials & reviews to help traders improve their skills, trading experience and knowledge, making it one of the best CFD brokers in UK. These include:
- Trading Guides: Pepperstone offers a range of trading guides that cover a variety of topics, such as technical analysis, risk management, and trading strategies.
- Webinars: Pepperstone offers live webinars and recorded sessions that cover a variety of topics such as market analysis, trading strategies, and platform usage.
- Market Analysis: Pepperstone offers daily and weekly market analysis, which provides traders with up-to-date information on market trends and economic events.
- Video Tutorials: Pepperstone offers a range of video tutorials that cover topics such as platform usage, technical analysis, and trading strategies.
- Glossary: Pepperstone offers a comprehensive glossary of trading terms, which can help traders understand the jargon and terminology used in the industry.
- Economic Calendar: Pepperstone offers an economic calendar that provide traders with the schedule of economic events and releases that can impact the markets.
Overall, Pepperstone’s education materials are aimed at traders of all experience levels and are designed to help traders improve their skills and knowledge. In addition to educational resources there are other reasons why you should consider trading with Pepperstone.
Pepperstone is regulated by ASIC, FCA, CySEC, CMA, DFSA, BaFin and SCB. All money is held in segregated client bank accounts at regulated banks.
Learn more on how Pepperstone keeps client funds safe.
Pepperstone uses multiple liquidity providers from Tier 1 banks to give clients access to razor sharp pricing, razor account and deep liquidity on all instruments. All trades are filled in full, with no partial execution or requotes on market orders.
Access spreads as low as 0.0 pips^. Competitive prices include:
- 14 Major FX pairs with spreads from 0
- Spot gold spreads from 0.05
- GER30 spreads from 0.9
- NAS100 spreads from 1
- Crude oil spreads from 2
- Many more instruments with razor sharp spreads
- Click here to view all Pepperstone’s spreads.
Get 99.9% fill rate1, fast execution and no dealing desk intervention on all trades.
All Pepperstone traders have access to their own personal client area where they are able to fund and withdraw securely and without incurring any fees. There are a full range of funding and withdrawal options available.
Pepperstone Commission Structure
Commissions are only charged on CFD Razor account when trading Forex and on CFD Equities.
For MT4/5, these commissions are based on your chosen account currency and the lot size of your trade. For cTrader, commissions are calculated as 7 units of the base currency per lot of the FX pair you’re trading on Mt4 & MT5:
|Trading account currency for MT5||Commission per 0.01 lots (1000 base currency)||Commission per 1 lot (100,000 base currency)|
|USD||USD 0.04 (USD 0.08 round turn)||USD 3.50 (USD 7 round turn)|
|EUR||EUR 0.03 (EUR 0.06 round turn)||EUR 2.61 (EUR 5.23 round turn)|
|GBP||GBP 0.02 (GBP 0.05 round turn)||GBP 2.29 (GBP 4.59 round turn)|
|CHF||CHF 0.03 (CHF 0.06 round turn)||CHF 3.30 (CHF 6.60 round turn)|
|Trading account currency for MT4||Commission per 0.01 lots (1000 base currency)||Commission per 1 lot (100,000 base currency)|
|USD||USD 0.04 (USD 0.08 round turn)||USD 3.76 (USD 7.53 round turn)|
|EUR||EUR 0.03 (EUR 0.06 round turn)||EUR 2.61 (EUR 5.23 round turn)|
|GBP||GBP 0.02 (GBP 0.05 round turn)||GBP 2.29 (GBP 4.59 round turn)|
|CHF||CHF 0.03 (CHF 0.06 round turn)||CHF 3.30 (CHF 6.60 round turn)|
Commissions on cTrader Accounts are based on 0.0035% of the base currency that’s being traded. For example, if you’re trading 100,000 of EUR/USD the commission charge will be €3.50 EUR to open the contract and €3.50 EUR to close out the Contract.
Pepperstone doesn’t charge commissions on trades made on CFD Standard accounts, however there is a 1 pip markup on the raw spreads.
Pepperstone charges a variety of fees, including:
- Spreads: Pepperstone charges spreads on all trades, which is the difference between the buy and sell prices of a financial instrument. The spread varies depending on the instrument and market conditions.
- Overnight financing: Pepperstone charges overnight financing on positions that are held overnight, also known as rollover or swap fees.
- Inactivity fee: Pepperstone charges an inactivity fee if an account is inactive for a certain period of time.
- Withdrawal fees: Pepperstone charges a withdrawal fee for certain methods of withdrawal.
- Deposit fees: Pepperstone may charge deposit fees for certain methods of deposit.
Here is a summary of Pepperstone’s fees:
|Spreads||The difference between the buy and sell prices of a financial instrument.|
|Overnight Financing||Fee charged for holding positions overnight.|
|Inactivity fee||Fee charged if an account is inactive for a certain period of time.|
|Withdrawal fee||fee charged for certain methods of withdrawal.|
|Deposit fee||fee charged for certain methods of deposit.|
It’s important to note that Pepperstone’s fees may vary depending on the account type and the specific financial instrument being traded. It’s important to check the specific fees that apply to your account and the instruments you trade. The numbers are for illustrative purpose only**
Generally a broker charges you a fee when you perform any trade on their platform. This is called “Trading Fees” and come in forms of:
- Financial Rates
- Conversion Fees
Deposit & Withdraw:
At Pepperstone, you can deposit and withdraw money via bank transfer, debit or credit card or from the following electronic wallets: POLi, BPay, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Union Pay. Basic withdrawal and depositing with Pepperstone is free of charge. Click here for more information on Funding and Withdrawals.
Pepperstone Trading Conditions:
Pepperstone’s trading conditions are competitive and provide traders with the flexibility and tools they need to succeed in the markets. The trading conditions can be adjusted based on the account type and the trader’s preference. The broker offers a variety of trading conditions to its clients, which include:
- Spreads: Pepperstone offers competitive spreads on a wide range of financial instruments. The spreads vary depending on the instrument and market conditions.
- Leverage: Pepperstone offers leverage up to 500:1 for forex trading and 200:1 for other instruments, which allows traders to increase their potential returns, but also increases the risk.
- Execution speeds: Pepperstone uses advanced technology to ensure fast and reliable execution speeds, which is particularly important for traders who use scalping or high-frequency trading strategies.
- Minimum deposit: Pepperstone requires a minimum deposit of o to $200, however, it can vary depending on the account type.
- Minimum trade size: Pepperstone’s minimum trade size is 0.01 lot, which is a standard size in the industry.
- Margin call and stop out levels: Pepperstone sets its margin call level at 100% and stop-out level at 50%.
- Trading hours: Pepperstone offers trading 24/5, with some instruments such as Cryptocurrency available for trading 24/7.
- Hedging: Pepperstone allows traders to hedge their positions, which means they can open opposing positions on the same instrument to offset potential losses.
- Scalping: Pepperstone allows scalping, which is a trading strategy that involves taking advantage of small price movements.
- Expert Advisors: Pepperstone allows the use of expert advisors, which are automated trading strategies that can be programmed to execute trades based on specific rules.
- Negative balance protection: Pepperstone offers negative balance protection, which means traders cannot lose more than their account balance.
Catering to both the new and experienced trader, Pepperstone offers access to a wide range of educational resources.
With their own team of global market analysts, the broker provides clients with high impact economic event coverage, expert commentary, videos and more. Explore Pepperstone’s market analysis section here.
Pepperstone also offers a wider range of trading guides categorised by beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Such guides include ‘Five Ways to Survive in Extreme Volatility’, ‘What are the benefits of EA trading?’ and ‘How to develop a Trading Plan’.
Every week Pepperstone invites its traders to attend expert-led webinars, including the Sunday Night Pre Market Open webinar. Every Sunday a group of professional traders discuss crucial events and political news that will impact markets ahead of ‘market open’.
The broker offers a new feature for having access to hundreds of trading opportunities based on key support and resistance levels. The feature is called Autochartist.
Pepperstone Account Opening Process:
Opening an account with Pepperstone is quick and easy. Whatever your trading style or experience level, there is an account type to suit you. Pepperstone offers both standard and razor CFD and Spread Betting accounts.
You also have the option to trial a demo account before opening a live account. This is sometimes a preferred option for those new to trading or looking to practise trading strategies in a risk-free environment. Here is the step by step guide to opening a Pepperstone account
How to open a live Trading account
- Create your login: Enter your details and choose a password to create your account.
- Take the appropriateness test: This short questionnaire allows an assessment into which trading derivative products are appropriate for you.
- Confirm your ID: You’ll need two ID documents – a photo ID and a secondary ID.
- Fund and trade: Once your application is approved, you can log in and fund your account.
How to open a demo account
- Create your demo account: Complete a simple application form
- Download your trading platform: Choose from three powerful platforms, MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 and cTrader, or trade through your web browser with the WebTrader app.
- Start trading: Practise your trading strategies with up to £/€/$50,000 in virtual funds and real market pricing for the next 30 days.
Review of Pepperstone Account Types:
Pepperstone offers two different types of accounts: a Standard Account and a Razor Account. The Standard Account is suitable for new and experienced traders, and requires no minimum deposit. The Razor Account is better suited for experienced traders, and requires a higher minimum deposit. Both accounts offer tight spreads, fast execution, and no commission on trades. Additionally, Pepperstone offers a demo account which allows users to test out the platform without risking any real money.
|Account Type||Minimum Deposit||Spreads||Leverage||Commission||Minimum Trade Size|
|Standard||$200||Variable||up to 500:1||None||0.01 Lots|
|Razor||$200||Fixed||up to 500:1||$7 per lot||0.01 Lots|
|Swap-Free||$200||Variable||up to 500:1||None||0.01 Lots|
Is Pepperstone Legit?
Yes, After careful evaluation, we believe Pepperstone reviews is among top-tier stocks cfd brokers, especially when it comes to trading CFD and forex. it is regulated and being listed in the stock exchange, that makes it safer to trade. Also, it is regulated by several financial authorities globally in UK and Australia.
Our editorial team have tested their online platform and evaluated their service, and decided to rate brokers Pepperstone as:
- Top CFD brokers in Australia & UK.
- Top Trading platform for beginners.
Review of Pepperstone shows it is a no deposit broker which makes it easy to start, especially for beginners. The index fees that they charge for forex and equity are pretty low as well. The bright side is their decent customer support too. Lets deep dive to other aspects of this broker and help you get started.
Good thing is that Pepperstone’s trading fees on forex and stock index CFD are low. When it comes to deposit and withdraw, it’s great for Australian and European citizens, however, its high bank withdrawal fee for anyone who lives outside those who regions is a disadvantage. Withdrawal process is done pretty fast. Opening live or demo account is also fully automated and very easy.