Teeth straightening at home has become a popular option among those with some minor dental problems. However, it is not for everyone. A complete and thorough checkup by the dentist is first needed before embarking on a home-based treatment regimen. Many patients do not get their teeth straightened adequately because of insufficient strength or expertise from the dentist. If this is the case for you and considering home straightening at home, make sure you know what to expect.
To make your teeth shinier, you might want to consider bleaching with a teeth whitening dentists, to straighten them you can think of using snap-on teeth or go for teeth straightening at home if you have mildly stained teeth, yellowish or brownish teeth, cracks or chips, or gaps between the teeth. Clear aligners fitted to your teeth in office-based dental practice are ideal for many cases, but sometimes, more severe ones require different at-home supervision techniques. For instance, you might need a complete tooth extraction, where the root of the tooth is extracted, or you might need a tooth pulled heavily, in which instance one-to-one dental care at home would be best suited.
When choosing a dentist for teeth straightening at home, ask if the practice uses retainers. Some dentists can now use retainers with a three months supply as an option for home treatments. Retainers remove small amounts of stains and plaque, which allow the teeth to look whiter, brighter, and cleaner.
benefits of teeth straightening at home
The cost of a retainer is usually lower than the price of a professional treatment. There are some advantages and disadvantages to using retainers:
* Cost savings for patients with a low income: Many dental practices can offer lower prices on teeth straightening at home when compared with a dentist visit. Since the kits use a thin layer of resin that bonds to the front surface of teeth, these kits allow for a faster application process. It is also easier to use these products since they come pre-sealed with the impression kit. In addition, patients may be able to get multiple treatments within the same day. This means that even those on a budget can receive teeth straightening at home with the assistance of a simple and easy impression kit from a dentist’s office.
* A safer alternative: There is a growing trend for people to straighten their teeth at home using an at-home clear aligner. While at-home clear aligners do not offer the same professional results as dentist office treatments, many people are willing to give this option a shot because it is less expensive. Some products have been developed especially for at-home straightening at home. These products typically only require the placement of one or two aligners on the teeth. In addition, many of these products are designed to protect the teeth and help to promote good oral hygiene.
* No Need For Implants: Another benefit to teeth straightening at home is that no metal braces are needed to install these products. The use of clear aligners eliminates the need for braces to straighten the teeth. This can save time for patients, and it can also save money for the patient. In comparison, braces may need to be replaced after three to four years. In addition, with traditional metal braces, the patient will have to wear the braces throughout treatment.
* Convenience: When patients choose to straighten their teeth at home instead of using traditional metal braces, it can often mean immediate convenience. Traditional rubber bands braces usually take hours to install. This can take patients days or weeks to complete. This can disrupt a person’s daily schedule, causing many people to have gaps in their lives. It is easy to complete the treatment in a few short hours per day with an at-home clear aligner.
* Straightening Your Teeth at Home Can Be Cost-Effective: Many people now choose to straighten their teeth at home because it is more affordable than traditional orthodontic treatment. Many orthodontists will recommend the use of braces color, which can cost thousands of dollars. In addition, many orthodontists are now offering financing options for patients who cannot pay all of the upfront fees associated with this expensive orthodontic treatment. Many teeth straightening at-home kits are available for as little as $100. In comparison, braces may cost several thousand dollars or more for a few treatments.